Job Title: A Part-time registered nurse is needed at Tallahassee Cancer Institute
Job Type: Nursing - Professional
Tallahassee Cancer Institute: is in search of compassionate and highly motivated RNs, preferably with experience in delivering chemotherapy to maintain high care standards and manage cutting-edge new treatments. Continuous learning is required in the oncology field. The ideal RN candidates will have Oncology and progressive care experience, be positive, team oriented and able to adapt quickly to changing patient conditions.
- Administer chemotherapy, iron infusion and other intravenous fluids directly into the patient's veins or via peripherally inserted central catheters including PICC lines and Infuse-a-Port’s and therefore must be able to care for and maintain PICC, Mid-lines and Ports per protocols.
- Administers all medications as ordered and assures that the documentation is completed by the end of the business day.
- Confirms Chemotherapy dosing based on NCCN or other Chemotherapy guidelines.
- Collects blood samples using sterile techniques, processes with correct paperwork and directs to laboratory for processing.
- Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Documents all nursing care, change in condition, response to therapy, treatments, procedures and referrals on patient record to meet standards.
- Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education as directed by the plan of care.
- Uses and cares for equipment and supplies economically.
- Maintains all stock in treatment area, rotating stock to prevent expiration of supplies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing (Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required)
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required. Certified in Chemotherapy (OCN) or Successful completion of ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy course within 6 months of hire. Maintain certification as required thereafter.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Oncology, Chemotherapy Experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Fax resume to 850-219-8003, or call 850-219-8000 and speak to Lilibeth Battles, or email resume to: email@example.com